Mar 7, 2012
But it seems there are two extremes in churches today –
Some emphasize knowing the truth of God’s Word.
Others emphasize experiencing the Holy Spirit.
But don’t these belong together?
Here’s a 4-minute video in which I describe how this works.
Scriptures to help you –
You’ll end up developing your own list of favorites.
But here’s some that I have found powerful –
- The 12-year old Jesus wowing the Scribes and Pharisees with his answers (Luke 2:46-47).
- The compassion of Jesus as he heals a woman who had been doubled-over by a spirit for 18 years (Luke 13:10-13).
- The love of Jesus as He welcomes children (Matthew 19:13-15).
- Jesus’ zeal for the Father’s glory as he overturns the money-changer’s tables (John 2:14-17).
- Jesus crying out “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34).
How did this impact you?
I’d love to hear — feel free to leave a reply below. Thanks.
Do you know someone who would be helped by this? Email it to them with the “share” button below — or share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.
If you would like to receive a Saturday email summarizing the previous week’s posts, subscribe here. (I am committed to protecting the privacy of your email address.)
Here’s more resources on the work of the Holy Spirit –
- How the Holy Spirit enables us to obey.
- My father explains how to experience the Holy Spirit.
- Blaise Pascal’s astonishing experience.
- Will-power vs. Spirit-power.
- How God comforted Hudson Taylor.
(Picture by nkzs on stockxchng.)