Jan 16, 2014
In a recent membership class someone asked about the plight of those who never heard the Gospel.
To answer that question we turned to Romans 1, which says that through Creation God has revealed himself clearly to everyone, but that we have all knowingly turned our backs on him.
As a result, every human being rightly faces God’s judgment.
Then we turned to Romans 10, which says that the only way people can be saved from God’s judgment is if someone goes to them and shares the good news of Jesus Christ.
Wouldn’t This Change How We Live?
At that point someone said: “If that’s true, wouldn’t this change how we live? Wouldn’t we devote our lives to advancing the Gospel to unreached people?”
It was a powerful, Holy Spirit moment.
We talked about how we should all be engaged in making disciples among our friends and neighbors and fellow-workers where we live.
But we agreed that we can’t be content with that, because there are millions and millions of people who will justly face eternal judgment unless someone takes the costly, difficult, and sometimes dangerous step of moving to another part of the world to share the Gospel.
So every believer should either be a Goer or a Sender.
A Goer goes to the unreached with the Gospel.
A Sender sends a goer, by giving them financial and spiritual and prayer support.
Not all of us are called to be goers. But we all should be willing to go. And if we are not goers, we should be senders.
Where Do I Start?
Here are some specific steps —
- Pray earnestly over Romans 1 and Romans 10, asking the Father to fill you with compassion for the unreached, and zeal for Jesus’ glory among all the peoples.
- Purchase a copy of Jason Mandryk’s Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide To Every Nation, and start praying through it.
- Take the 16-week class “Perspectives On The World Christian Movement.” Maybe do this with a few others in your church.
- Learn more about unreached peoples at the Joshua Project: sign up for their Unreached People Of The Day Prayer Guide.
And watch this powerful 6-minute video —
If you know someone this would help, email it to them using the “share” button below. Or use the other buttons to share it on your favorite social media.
If you would like to interact with others who are seeking to live by faith in Christ, visit our Forums page.
If you would like to receive a Saturday email summarizing the week’s posts — go to the top right of this page, fill in your email address, and click the “Submit” button. (I will only use your email address for Living By Faith Blog communications, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.)
And here are some related posts you might find helpful –
- Are You Willing To Go?
- Why Does Paul Say PEOPLE Are His Glory And Joy?
- Are We Misunderstanding The Great Commission?
- How God Saved A Hardened Atheist